The 4204490 is compatible with the following obsolete or alternate filter part numbers:
How To Install The 4204490 Filter:
- Lift the grille assembly to access the water filter. To lift the grille, pull out on the bottom edge of the grille and tilt the grille frame forward.
- Slowly rotate the old filter cartridge 1/4 turn counterclockwise to disengage. Gently twist until the cartridge is free from base. DO NOT PULL.
- Line up new cartridge so that the locking tabs can be inserte info the filter head.
- Rotate the filter cartridge into the base about 1/4 clockwise until it stops. DO NOT overtighten.
- After the new filter cartridge is installed, the first full bucket of ice produced should be discarded. This will help clean the water system and clear air from the line.
Refrigerator Water Filter Tip #4:
The main ingredient in almost all water filters is activated carbon, which is a form of carbon that has been processed to make it extremely porous and thus to have a very large surface area available for absorption of chemicals and impurities.