The 4204490 is compatible with the following obsolete or alternate filter part numbers:
How To Install The 4204490 Filter:
- Lift the grille assembly to access the water filter. To lift the grille, pull out on the bottom edge of the grille and tilt the grille frame forward.
- Slowly rotate the old filter cartridge 1/4 turn counterclockwise to disengage. Gently twist until the cartridge is free from base. DO NOT PULL.
- Line up new cartridge so that the locking tabs can be inserte info the filter head.
- Rotate the filter cartridge into the base about 1/4 clockwise until it stops. DO NOT overtighten.
- After the new filter cartridge is installed, the first full bucket of ice produced should be discarded. This will help clean the water system and clear air from the line.
Save Your Furnace Tip #3:
Did you know that the nominal size of your air filter is probably not the same as the actual size? Just like measurements on lumber, the actual size of an air filter is usually slightly smaller than the nominal size.