A factory original product, the UKF8001 water filter fits a variety of refrigerator brands and replaces the discontinued PuriClean II UKF8001AXX filter. It meets NSF International Standards 42 and 53 for chlorine, cyst, lead, asbestos and other particulate reduction. With a capacity to clean up to 750 gallons of water, the filter dispenses water at a flow rate of 0.78 gallons per minute. To achieve the best water quality, change the filter every six months. Find the filter in the refrigerator’s back upper right corner and follow the simple replacement process outlined on the replacement filter’s packaging.
- OEM product
- meets NSF International Standards 42 and 53
- reduces chlorine, cysts, lead, turbidity, chemicals, particulates and other impurities
- 30 - 120 PSI recommended pressure
- 33 - 100 °F recommended temperature
- 750 gallon filtration capacity
- 0.78 gallons per minute flow rate
- replace every 6 months
The Maytag UKF8001 is compatible with the following obsolete or alternate filter part numbers:
How To Install The Maytag UKF8001 Filter:
The water filter cartridge is typically located in the back upper right corner of the refrigerator compartment. Release filter cover either by pushing button or pulling forward (depending on type of cover). The filter cover will hang down at an angle. The filter cartridge should be replaced when water change indicator says it's time to replace the filter or if the flow of water to the dispenser or icemaker decreases. For refrigerators without a filter change indicator, replace the filters every 6 months.
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and gently turning counterclockwise until it releases from the filter head
- Insert new filter into filter head and rotate clockwise until the filter stops. Close the filter cover
- Run water continuously through dispenser for 4 gallons (approximately 5 minutes) until water runs steady and sputtering stops. NOTE: during initial use allow about a 1-2 minute delay in water dispersal to allow internal water tank to fill
- Reset water filter change notification by following instructions in owners manual